Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Mother's Dress




(front)


(envelope)


So I just love this stamp by Dawn Houser called "My Mother's Dress". I stamped my first image of it on a piece of scratch paper and just had to incorporate it somehow. I just loved using my watercolor zig markers to add a little green shading to the dress. Vintage buttons and sanding along the edges finish off the vintage feel. I just can't wait to try all different colors on this stamp! it can be used for weddings, friends, anniversaries, birthdays....wow! On the envelope I stamped a cute lil' high heeled shoe (from the $1 bin at Michaels) in the corner. Hope you enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I love the card and the envelope!! Also, that picture on your blog header is just wonderful.
    Does it happen to be a family member??
    Also love the music!!! I'm a Patsy Cline fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy!! No...it's just a cutie patootie that I had on a vintage image CD (although when my mom sees this blog she will probably suggest I put up a family member instead). Thanks for stopping by - hope to chat again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Mary this is great! You are very talented! Keep up the fine work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world! This is a very pretty card. I love the green shading on the dress. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, this is so pretty! What a wonderful design.
    You have a lovely blog! Welcome to the world of blogging. You are going to have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! You did a wonderful job, Mary! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty - and you're right - that dress is perfect for any occasion and you've done it up just right. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on starting a blog! I love the vintage look of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage card! I hopped on over from Paper Craft Planet. I tried to become a follower but my computer won't let me. This is the third time this has happened..I better see what's the matter with it :)
    Jan
    http://papercraftpleasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete