Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In a Fairy Garden


Oh spring - I think you are trying desperately to break through Old Man Winter's clutches. Today was beautiful in Illinois. It was in the mid sixties.....the smell of fresh grass in the air along with outdoor grills being dusted off and set to work. I sure hope the snow forecast for this weekend is a silly joke the weatherman is playing! I never realized how much the weather affects my mood! As long as we have sun for spring break - I will be happy.

Here is this week's layout. It was so fun to make! I also got to use my new sewing machine - which I LOVE!! I don't know if it is possible to be in love with a piece of machinery....but I can't keep my hands off of it! I didn't realize how cruddy "over loved" my other sewing machine was until I opened this baby! Look ma no hands - I don't even have to use a foot pedal! I really wanted to break out my pinks and light greens and thought a Fairy Garden would make the perfect opportunity to open my shabby chic closet! I really think the vintage book papers blend perfectly here. The cute pink haired fairy was so fun to make....notice her little pearl earrings :o)

This listing is on Ebay here with MANY more pictures if you are interested. Also, if you have an Ebay account, I would really appreciate it if you put it in your watch to help get my work noticed!
Thanks for stopping by!









8 comments:

  1. another beautiful layout and design! That fairy is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout! I just love that dragon with the book print wings! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous layout! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great layout. :) The fairy has some killer eyes. They are sure to melt the heart of many! Love the dream ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aHH, So very beautiful Mary. I love your depth of color and design layout, just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. I wish I could get over my fear of my sewing machine..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I just love it! Another great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be gentle my EYE! Your work is great! Absolutely incredible. I adore your art work. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete