Monday, September 20, 2010

Crafty Secrets DT challenge September - Halloween



(Click on images for close-ups)

Are you ready for this month's Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge?! The September theme was "Halloween". There is just something about vintage Halloween images that make me smile. And the designs from Crafty Secrets will not disappoint - the only problem is - choosing which ones to use! Lol!

For this challenge, I have created a mini coffin album (well it is about eleven inches tall - but only 8 pages - front to back). I cut each page in a thick black cardstock from American Crafts. Then layered it with designer paper from Making Memories called "Spook Alley" slightly smaller than the actual page. The paper and adorable vintage images from this year's Crafty Secrets Halloween Creative Scraps could not have blended more perfectly! I was able to fit a million different cuts with some still to spare to make a variety of cards! I also used Crafty Secrets Halloween acrylic stamps throughout the album. Using stazon white ink on some pages and a glue stamp pad on the other (I LOVED doing this! Just stamp, add glitter, and viola! Texture and bling!)

If you are interested in the svg or traceable coffin pattern to make your own spooky album, just "follow" my blog and drop me an email (pieces_of_home@yahoo.com)

Want to see what the other Design Team Members created for this month's Challenge? Skip on over to their blogs to see their gorgeous Halloween creations!

Vicki Chrisman Team Leader
Pam Hooten
Heidi Blankenship
Marisa Grosson
Linda Duke
Michele Kovack
Melissa Phillips
Flo from France
Julie Campbell
Heartwarming Vintage blog

Crafty Secrets Website

Thanks for stopping by!










Pages 2 & 3

Here are just a few of the adorable stamps I used from the Halloween stamp set. They work wonderfully for borders!

Pages 4 & 5


Pages 6 & 7
Here you can see the Crafty Secrets spiderweb stamp using a glue stamp pad - then a black and orange glitter sprinkled on top. I love how detailed it is and the glitter just ads that special pop!


11 comments:

  1. Your coffin album is great. All the hidden little extras are fab. The colors are yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seriously ROCKS!!!! I ADORE this!!! Hey, I was looking for your e-mail but couldn't find it on your profile....I know you said you lived close to me......how close? I live in Evergreen Park......southsider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK if anyone had ever told me a coffin could be cute, I wouldn't have believed them....but this is one CUTE coffin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a spooktacular project Mary. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!! I love this! Every page is full of creativity!!! LOVE, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun coffin album Mary, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever! What a cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mary, your coffin is to die for LOL!!! very creative, and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely ADORABLE! Can one say that about a coffin? lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete