Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sweet Kettle Corn



I had my first bag of kettle corn at the fair yesterday and what can I say - I'm so addicted! As I spend the day at home, I kept finding my mind (well mouth) watering over the thought of those sweet, crunchy kernels. So I did a little research and found a quick and easy recipe that you are sure to love! This sweet snack will be so yummy in your little ones lunchboxes, snacking at your soccer games, or even family movie night. If you've never had kettle corn before....give this recipe a try!

Kettle Corn (I used a stock pot with lid)

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup sugar
fine grain sea salt (optional)

Heat oil over medium heat until melted. Add three popcorn kernels, cover with a lid and wait and listen until all three kernels have popped. Add the rest of the popcorn kernels, shake to distribute then sprinkle sugar evenly over the kernels. Cover with lid and listen for popping. As soon as the kernels start to pop, shake pot gently back and forth over the burner, lifting it up and shaking from time to time, until the popping slows to every 2 to 3 seconds. As soon as the popping slows, remove pan from heat and immediately dump kernels into a large bowl. Allow to cool and use a spoon to break clumps apart.

Voila!

Hope this satisfies your craving too!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great recipe! Thanks so much for sharing! I LOVE kettle popcorn! This is definitely worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I can't wait to visit and have some!!!! LOVE, MOM

    ReplyDelete