Monday, December 6, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside


Sixteen degrees and dropping out here in good ol' Illinois. Inches of snow still sprinkled on the ground - kiddos bundled from head to toe coming in to check out their weekly library books. I was pleasantly surprised by some handmade yummies this evening. My good friend Amy tried out the peppermint marshmallows I posted the other day and WOW are they scrumdiddlyumptious!



I piled them high in my favorite snowman mug and took a quick pic before I gobbled them down. And if that wasn't enough - my favorite library helper/school secretary/heart of the school/Donna brought me some of her famous banana bread. So as I sit here watching "Sing Off" I feel like a queen sipping my hot pepperminty coca and nibbling banana bread - filled with friendship. Thank you so much gals! You made my night!



Just a quick goody to share with you tonight! A fun shabby recipe box made with my favorite K&Company Christmas paper! Vintage laces, doilies, recipes and cookie cutter adorn this little keepsake - a perfect gift or family memento! The box and cards are from my local craft store and pretty inexpensive. Just add a few of your family favorites and pass along to the chef on your Christmas List!





Thanks for stopping by. Happy Monday!
xoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. Those marshmallows ARE wonderful, aren't they? Fabulous recipe box! Spectacular work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe box is something to show proudly on the counter, how pretty and so Shabby Chic! Oh those marshmallows look yummy and banana bread, what a perfect evening, really have to give those a try. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fablous recipe box, with so many beautiful details! This truly is a wonderful gift that anyone would love. Your cute little mug, plied high with marsmallows looks SO yummy, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky girl getting all the sweets!!!
    and the recipe box is is so cute :)
    Stay warm ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I;m going to have to check out your pepermint marshmellows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so beautiful, Mary! I love that wonderfully done recipe box... every little piece and layer in perfect place, so tasteful and pretty. Thank you for sharing!

    hugs,
    Vio

    ReplyDelete