Saturday, December 4, 2010

December's First Snow


I woke up this morning to inches of fun, fluffy, white snow! Freshly fallen and pure pure white - in every nook and crevice it could sneak into. We probably got around six inches or so - and the good heavy snowman building kind! My husband bundled up in many layers and headed out to shovel us a path to the world of the living. I dug out my boots and helped - by taking pictures ;o)



Later on we headed to the small little town where I teach. Nestled in the country between vast soy bean and corn fields, this tiny community holds a special place in my heart. With Christmas music playing and cider in our tummies, we decorated the town's Christmas tree with red velvet bows, ornaments, and big chunky lights. It is so nice to be part of such a close nit community of friends!




When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my blog was nominated for the "Stylish Blogger Award" by a dear sweet gal named Kathy Braun. Kathy authors her blog called "Lucky Stamper" where she shares her amazing paper craft talents! She makes beautiful cards and gifts and is a wonderful inspiration! So be sure to bop on over to her blog and see what she is all about. And thank you so much Kathy! You really made my day!

After accepting the award, there a few rules, fairly easy:
1. Thank the person who gave your the award and link back to them
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered
4. Contact those bloggers and them about their award
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ILEExsDOl-0/TPV0xUl_6MI/AAAAAAAABtU/nNZYSFczhKw/s1600/stylish_blogger_award%2Bfrom%2BBecky.jpg

So here are 8 little tidbits about me...
1. Besides papercrafts, I also like to paint and make primitive penny rugs - something I've put on the back burner as of late :o)
2. I have the most supportive husband - he is my rock and biggest fan and am truly blessed to have found him.
3. I am originally from Pennsylvania and have a little sister (well not so little anymore) who recently started making cards as well.
4. I am a librarian and try to incorporate old book pages into my work to bring their stories back to life.
5. I have been teaching for 10 years and counting!
6. I love the feel of brand new socks and how they make my toes happy.
7. I am obsessed with anything vintage and primitive - the grubbier the better!
8. I LOVE love LOVE to have my feet tickled.... :o)

And here are my 8 newly discovered blogs:
1. Confessions of a Ribbon Addict by Jody Morrow
2. Samantha Shade Designs by Samantha Shade
3. My Creative Affaire by Lynette Carroll
4. Mish Mash by Michelle Wooderson
5. Karola Witczak Handmade
6. Such a Pretty Mess by Gabrielle
7. My Crazy Live as a Farmers Wife by Sherelle Christensen
8. Fresh Vintage

Happy Weekend!
xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Great snow pictures. I sometimes wish i would get some, but at the same time glad i dont yet. :)
    I found you off the blog followers group! here is my blog http://fairygirlmichellewackworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful snow pictures and your community sounds wonderful, what a great place. You are so welcome, for the award and what sweet comments, thank you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, thank you so much for the award... I am just noticing this now, sorry!! I have been so crazy busy with Christmas things!! Thanks again, I need to go post this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete